Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hugs cupcakes!

I wanted to make some cupcakes one day, and I had an extra bowl of my vanilla buttercream frosting, so I thought I could try something fun.
With a chocolate box cake mix, I followed the recipe, filled the cupcake pan, and then place a hug on top of each. The hug will start to sink down, but no worries, unfortunately it will eventually sink down to the very bottom. Follow the baking instructions on the box, and let cool before frosted. The hug melts about half way, so if you eat them within a few hours of baking, you should still be able to enjoy the melting action. After frosting the cupcakes I added some chocolate shavings to garnish, with a regular chocolate bar and cheese grater. I kept them in the refrigerator until they were ready to be served, because my buttercream has a tendency to soften easily.
It's an easy way to make a quick and easy dessert look fancy. Give then a try, I think you'll enjoy them!!
















Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment