Friday, September 18, 2009

Look at these gorgeous tomatoes from our garden!! We have a few different varieties which I have grown to love, including yellow teardrops, a purple/black heirloom, and a plum yellow. I would recommend instead of planting just your basic red tomato, next year try and find a few heirloom varieties. At the beginning of the planting season I went to a few stores looking for seeds and eventually found a variety pack and planted whatever I had, so it was a surprise to see what I ended up getting in the garden, and I couldn't be happier. You're going to have much more flavor options if you go outside the basic realm of available tomatoes. Grocery stores now even sell varieties of heirloom tomatoes, so next time you're shopping, pick up something new!









Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment