Monday, September 28, 2009

another leftover pasta salad!!

I don't know if you've noticed, but I love love love pasta salads!! For the most part my pasta salads are on the healthy side, unless I'm making a tradition macaroni salad with a mayonnaise base. Also, when I need a quick dinner for just myself, or bringing something to the boyfriend at work, it's one of the quickest and easiest meals to make!! So I hope you try one of my pasta salad concoctions soon, because I think you will be quite satisfied, and you can add or switch up anything you would like, it's that easy :)
This pasta salad served two... and made with just about all leftover ingredients
2 cups of cooked pasta, from a meal I made earlier in the week
1 chicken breast cut up, leftover from my mom's chicken caesar
1-2 cups chopped tomatoes, I used the heirlooms I got from the Berkeley farmer's market, so there's a whole bunch of different colors going on.
1/2 c. basil chopped, also from the farmer's market
1/2 c. feta cheese, which I always have on hand, they sell them in medium sized containers at costco, as opposed to the tiny ones you regularly see at grocery stores, and it lasts much much longer than your typical cheese.
1/4 c. Italian dressing, or any salad dressing really, I use Newman's Own, Family Italian Recipe, it's amazing, and by far my favorite dressing
salt and pepper to taste
I toasted a few pieces of olive ciabatta bread, also bought at the farmer's market




Some other ideas of things to throw in their...
any kind of olives, green or black
spinach chopped
bacon, or prusciutto, or even salame
sprinkle a little lemon juice for a tang
fresh corn from the cob
shredded parmesan, instead of feta
blue cheese crumbles and toasted pecans
pine nuts



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment