Thursday, April 23, 2009

Deviled Eggs



7 hard boiled eggs
1/3 c. mayonnaise
1 T. Dijon mustard (brown/spicy or regular mustard)
1 t. paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
Chives chopped can be a great garnish.

Hard boil your eggs any way you like. I typically place the eggs in a small sauce pan, with water just covering the eggs. Place over medium high heat for 12 minutes (this includes the time before and after water starts to boil). After 12 minutes, place the eggs, one by one, in an ice water bath. This will help with a clean removing of the shell. After the eggs have cooled, peel and wash off.
Cut the eggs in half, long ways. Place the yolk in a separate bowl, and the whites on a serving dish. Mix mayo, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper with the yolks. Using a fork, mash the mixture until you have a smooth consistency. Salt and pepper, as well as the paprika is to taste. This is the basic deviled eggs recipe, feel free to add and flavoring you like.
Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white halves, salt and pepper and add a dash of paprika for garnish.




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Those look so good- much better than the ones I made for Easter. My camera is a Canon Rebel XTi and I LOVE it. The pictures are not entirely my own doing- I spruced them up a bit on iPhoto. I did take photo class through the city a few months ago and learned a lot- I'm sure you already know everything, though :) BTW we planted our seeds last week(you inspired me) and they just started sprouting. Your plants look great. Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how'd you guess? It was the D&C class, wasn't it? At the rate I'm going, I only have 7 years left until graduation!

    ReplyDelete