Saturday, September 18, 2010

my breakfast.. a deliciously gourmet breakfast quesadilla

It's about 1 in the afternoon and I haven't had breakfast yet; this isn't weird for us because we wake up at 11.. yes, isn't our life amazing :) I'm in the kitchen and thinking to myself, eggs sound really good. We have eggs, cheese, lots of tomatoes, and some flour tortillas I recently purchased for a taco night. I then thought, well these tortillas are too small for a burrito, I'll figure something out. Martin was just on his way home from playing tennis so I knew he would be hungry, and I just started whipping things up. I prefer fried eggs, or sunny side up to scrambled, so I made 2 fried eggs, sliced up a golden tomato from the garden, found half of an avocado in the fridge from yesterday, and realized I had cilantro left from taco night as well. Long story short.. this is what I made. And it was delicious, and took just as long as any normal breakfast would take.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

breakfast quesadilla:
2 fried eggs
1 medium size tortilla
1 sliced tomato
half an avocado
2 slices of cheddar cheese
sliced ham (or turkey lunchmeat)
cilantro
tapatio
salt and pepper

Have a wonderful weekend everyone :)

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I could totally eat cheese and bread in any form, especially quesadillas. They're so easy to make and they really fill me up. Your recipe looks delicious. I usually make these Quick Chicken Quesadillas. I love them!

    ReplyDelete