Thursday, October 8, 2009

birthday desserts

I didn't have time to make my own cheesecake, very sad I know, that's my favorite and most well known dessert, but this one comes in a close 2nd. Trader Joe's has a mini cheesecake, new york style and it is delicious! I unwrapped it, placed it on the new cake platter I got my mom, and covered it in my homemade ganache and strawberry sauce, and topped it with whipped cream.






My cute little helpers :)
Just in case you want to make your own ganache someday, here's my easy recipe:
1 bag of chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups of cream
Over a double boiler melt the chocolate chips, whisk in the cream, keep on heat until the mixture is hot. Take off heat and you can use immediately. It will still drizzle nicely if it cools down a bit. If you refrigerate the ganache, you can pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and you should be able to stir it up and get it to a drizzle consistency.
*Use any chocolate you like, depending on what taste you're going for. I usually use semi-sweet.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment