Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm starting a project..

I have been in my new house, officially, for about 2 months. (I actually seems funny that I've been married for 2 months, because I feel like I've been married to Martin since day 1. I know for most it feels like the time will just fly by and you can't believe you been married as long as you have, but I'm so the opposite. As if we have just always been meant to be together and there wasn't a whole lot of hoopla to get us there, it's just so wonderful.) But Martin and I have decided to stay where we are for as long as possible, to save money, finish school, and do some of the things we've always wanted to do. At first we thought we might only stay here for up to a year, and then get a place just the 2 of us. But to tell you the truth, we love our living arrangement. Our roommates are awesome, we have a great mesh of cleanliness and personality, and we have so much room! We have the biggest room in the house, which is a bedroom/living room/office/craft room and you would think that would make things cluttered, but it is really pretty perfect. So, after getting a lot of nonsense done for our Australia trip (change name, passport, new license, change social security, and all that) I'm starting to settle in. We're doing a lot of work in the kitchen; cleaning, getting rid of a fridge, adding a kitchen table (which will be so nice) so that I can bring a lot of my kitchen things here. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to work on the front porch (repaint, clean, add some pretty plants), but this week I'm working on.... my mini craft room!!! We have lot of room in a desk area for me to do just about anything. A large shelving unit is on the way, and then I'll do some little things here and there to make it just perfect for me. Here are some of my ideas...






I'll have some amazing before and after pictures of what I'm doing very soon!!
The first room is actually my favorite. Now that I have the space to pull out my sewing machine I plan on starting a few projects. I'm just soooo excited!!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment