Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lemon glazed angel food cake for my mama

Happy Birthday to Hootie :)
that's what we call her (hehe)


lemon angel food cake

Photobucket

Photobucket

For the angel food cake, I used a box mix and followed the instructions (and of course made sure to not over cook it).
For the glaze:
Juice from 2 lemons (about 6 T.)
6 T. melted butter
just a few drops of vanilla
1 c. powdered sugar
Mix the lemon juice butter and vanilla. Add powdered sugar, and mix thoroughly. I didn't thicken mine up as much as I should have, so depending on how you want it to look on the cake, and more or less powdered sugar. Pour the glaze along the top of the cake, it should drip down by it self. You can spoon more into areas that didn't get enough.
Garnish with candied lemon peel/zest.
I peel some of the lemon, sliced it thin, and put it in a saute pan with a little bit sugar. Once the sugar began to caramelize I took it off the heat and sprinkled more sugar over the top. I have no idea how you should really do it, maybe check out martha stewart's website :)

Pin It!

1 comment: