and I have used and loved for years;
hope you enjoy it!
1 c. butter
½ c. powdered sugar
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
8 T. lemon juice
Zest from 1 lemon
4 T. flour
1 t. baking powder
- cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add flour
- press into a 9x13 buttered pan
- bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden, not brown
- beat eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and zest completely; gradually add in flour and baking powder
- pour over crust, bake at 350 for about 20 minutes; the edges should be golden not brown
- let the bars sit for about 5 minutes, then sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut once cool
- The most important part of this recipe is cooking time, all ovens and pans are different, so it's really hard to tell someone how long to cook something; the best thing I can do is to tell you what to look for. Make sure when you're only cooking the crust that you don't let it get too dark (it will take away from the flavor if it cooks too long) and if its undercooked, they'll be harder to keep intact, and they'll be more gooey than anything. Same thing goes for when you're cooking the bars with the filling; you want a golden color around the edges, nothing too dark, or they'll be too stiff, and if undercooked, too gooey. Hope I've helped!
P.S. Yes you have seen this recipe before. I cheated a little by reposting it, but it's because I now have beautiful pictures and I had it posted to foodgawker. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!!