Sunday, July 12, 2009

a few days in... Seattle!!

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. My computer time is usually limited, so my blog length may start to reflect the business of our travels. We've been in Seattle the last few days and I have loved it!!!! Definitely my favorite city on the tour, although I have really loved everywhere. But it's really a gorgeous, clean, and very artsy city, with lots to do and good places to eat. Our first day we started at Pikes Fish Market, which is this amazing 3/4 level Market with just about anything you could possibly want. It was like going to an arts and wine festival, grocery store, and mall all in one; except all the stores our small and quaint. Then we made our way to the Space Needle to check out the view, which was awesome. We also self indulged in some fudge at the gift shop, which is now one of our favorite things, but flavored fudge, not tradition chocolate, like maple (Martin's favorite) or vanilla caramel (my favorite). As a group we went to dinner at the Crap Pot, my dad suggested it, and it was so great!!! Right on the wharf, so there's a great view, you order a pot of food with crab, shrimp, potatoes, corn, and other seafood goodness and they just dump it right in front of you. My favorite meal so far for sure. Right after the amazingness of dinner, Martin, Daniel, and I went to a Mariners game! It's pretty cool going to different stadiums, when you're so used to the ones close to home.






before and after..



The next day in Seattle we got a pretty late start, trying to figure out our camping situation, but it worked out great. We went to the West Seattle Festival and caught the tail end of what was going on. It was one of the best festival's I've ever been to. Great food, tons of amazing art, and all the shops on the street where it was held was open so we got to enjoy those as well. I am happy to say I found the cutest cupcake shop in the whole wide world (The Sugar Rush Baking Company). I'm now a huge fan of the mini cupcakes, which I will soon be testing out, that's for sure.




cutest little thing you've ever seen, right

Later that night the boys had their show at Egan Ballard's Jam House, which was a very classy, jazzy establishment. We showed up early enough so we could watch the previous band play and they were amazing. All classically trained musicians I'm sure, they were amazing to watch. They even invited the piano players wife on stage to sing, she chose Bye Bye Blackbird, one of my favorite songs, and very memorable of the movie Sleepless in Seattle (also one of my favorites).



To our surprise two of our good friends showed up just before the show!! They drove all the way from home (Fremont) to spend the day up in Seattle and the next day with us back in Portland. It was so awesome for me and I'm sure much more than the boys, it was a short break from being the only girl in a group of boys and it felt like home again. Rachel and Alissa, you girls are wonderful. The show went great, and late, so we headed back to camp. That concludes the Seattle part of the trip, such a great city, I would definitely recommend a visit!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment